We rely on the proxy function heavily. Previously in the 6.x and 7.x clients, if you wanted to proxy into another mailbox, you could click File, Proxy, type in some letters of the account you want to proxy into, let it autofill and then press Enter.

Now after upgrading to 8.0 or 8.01 (it seems to affect both) on Windows XP or Windows 2003 Server, most of my users can no longer just press Enter as above to proxy into the account. Instead, they now have to physically click OK to do so. If you press Enter, the name entered in the Name field disappears and nothing more happens. If you then click OK, it *will* take you to the mailbox you entered, but this is requires one additional step than before which annoys my users (and me as well).

I find that if you enter a bogus name in the name field and press Enter, it does immediately say "Not a Valid Groupwise User" rather than requiring you to click OK. So I'm unsure why when we fill in a valid mailbox, pressing Enter no longer takes us to it.

For whatever reason, I have at least one guy who does not have this problem, and he is also on 8.01 on XP. But if he logs into his same account on via Citrix (i.e. Windows 2003 Server), he DOES experience the problem. Thus, I believe it has more to do with the client installation than it does the user-specific settings. While I've tried, I haven't found anything different about his settings that should allow it to work for him and not for us.

Has anyone else using the proxy feature noticed this? Any comments?