We have been running iFolder 2.x for several years with very few problems. Recently I installed a test copy of iFolder 3.7. It was installed on as a new server installation so the operating system and iFolder were installed together into a new tree with nothing else there. The install and iFolder setup worked without problems and my evaluation of the product was positive. We then decided to install it into our primary tree and make it available to all of our users. We reinstalled on the same server so it was still a new install, the only difference being that we added it to our existing tree instead of creating a new tree. We had some difficulty with the installation and some additional difficulty in getting it configured using the admin features. However, I think we successfully got passed those problems.

My problem now is that I have been unable to actually login to iFolder. When I start my computer and get the iFolder login screen, everything looks correct, but when I type my password and hit enter I get a message that says: An error was encountered while connecting to the iFolder server. Please verify the information entered and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your network administrator.

I have searched the web and these forums for some suggestion of what I may have done wrong and why I can't get passed this error, but have not found anything that has led me to a solution. If someone knows where my mistake is, I would really appreciate it.

Robert Jenson