I have a web host who hosts our domain as well as our email server. We
currently receive emails thru POP3 client, and are in final stages of
implementing Groupwise inhouse. He has been setting up a 2nd email
server to point back to us. However, when he does DNS checks, it still
only sees the main mail server called mail.heritagecommunity.com, and
doesn't see mail2.heritagecommunity.com He is wanting to know if
BorderManager is blocking the 2nd mail server. We are running
BorderManager 3.8 and have NAT translation set up. (Also, as of 3-4
months ago, have IP COP running in-between BorderManager and the Internet.
What settings or ports should I be checking to see if BorderManager is
our problem. I am not that familiar with this firewall.
We are running BorderManager on Novell 6.5, sp3, and the GWIA is on a
Novell 6.5, sp5 server. Groupwise is version 7.01.
Here is some of our vendors results.
I reset all DNS records on the domain this afternoon. I did a check DNS
and it shows all DNS records correctly, however, it still only shows one
mail server.

I then did the following:
Ping test: Results we successful.
DNS Report: Shows only one mail server
When running a quick check I get the following results:

How I am searching:
Searching for mail2.heritagecommunity.com A record at a.root-servers.net
[198.41.0.4]: Got referral to F.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. (zone: com.) [took 14
ms]
Searching for mail2.heritagecommunity.com A record at F.GTLD-SERVERS.NET.
[192.35.51.30]: Got referral to ns1.imsites.com. (zone:
heritagecommunity.com.) [took 95 ms]
Searching for mail2.heritagecommunity.com A record at ns1.imsites.com.
[207.89.146.2]: Reports mail2.heritagecommunity.com. [took 49 ms]

Response:

Domain Type Class TTL Answer
mail2.heritagecommunity.com. A IN 60 64.118.132.122

So you can see it shows up correctly when testing for that record.
When I did a traceroute I see the following:

12 137 * * 137 ms [+59ms]
64.118.132.122 AS14359
ITS-USNET
[Reached Destination]mail2.heritagecommunity.com. 0 miles [+0] 57 US
[Router did not respond]


Makes me wonder if there is a setting there that's not right. Since I can
ping the IP address and all of the records seem to be right you would
think it would work.
When I did an MX test for heritagecommunity.com I got the following:

Getting MX record for heritagecommunity.com (from local DNS server, may
be cached)... Got it!

Host Preference IP(s) [Country]
mail.heritagecommunity.com. 10 207.89.146.95 [US]

When trying to get an MX record for mail2.heritagecommunity.com I get the
following:

Getting MX record for mail2.heritagecommunity.com (from local DNS server,
may be cached)... Got it!

Host Preference IP(s) [Country]
64.118.132.122. 10 [Bogus MX record - 64.118.132.122. is supposed to be a
hostname, not an IP!]

So, I'm going to reconfigure something else and see if I can force the
mail server on your end to see the domain and not the IP address.
I should know later today if that was successful.