I have DNS running on sles10sp2/oes2sp1b. Actually "running" is not the right word. It loads from the CLI, but when I do a status on it, it says unused. In the java console, I assigned this new dns server to my zones which are already serviced by two netware 6.5 dns servers. (its ok to have a mix of netware and oes right?)

I have deleted the dns objects for the server and used the novell config utility in oes to recreate them, restart the service, reassign the zones, etc. Still says unused in status. When I go to imanager to unload/load the server, I get an error trying to do that. "system encountered an unknown error. Please contact Novell." The details section is below. I did contact novell but haven't heard back from them yet. I sent them a file of a supportconfigutility (or something like that). Like config.nlm on netware far as I can tell. The ugly part, is before having to reinstall sles/oes on this system, I had dns objects that were working.<big sigh> Maybe I am a living example of the peter principle ;-) Thanks in advance.

java.lang.NullPointerException\n at com.novell.imanage.dns.DnsDhcpLoadUnloadTask.webem ServerStatus(Unknown Source)\n at com.novell.imanage.dns.DnsDhcpLoadUnloadTask.doGet Status(Unknown Source)\n at com.novell.imanage.dns.DnsDhcpLoadUnloadTask.execu te(Unknown Source)\n at com.novell.emframe.dev.Task.execute(Task.java:505) \n at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance.pr ocessRequest(BaseGadgetInstance.java:849)\n at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.BaseGadgetInstance.ha ndleAction(BaseGadgetInstance.java:2375)\n at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.GadgetManager.process InstanceRequest(GadgetManager.java:1606)\n at com.novell.nps.gadgetManager.GadgetManager.process ServiceRequest(GadgetManager.java:1062)\n at com.novell.nps.PortalServlet.handleFrameService(Po rtalServlet.java:505)\n at com.novell.nps.PortalServlet.processRequest(Portal Servlet.java:373)\n at com.novell.nps.PortalServlet.doPost(PortalServlet. java:279)\n at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:763)\n at com.novell.emframe.fw.servlet.AuthenticatorServlet .service(AuthenticatorServlet.java:330)\n at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:856)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invo keNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:520)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo keInternal(StandardContextValve.java:196)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:150)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invo keNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)\n at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBas e.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:540)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invo keNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:520)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:137)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invo keNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)\n at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:118)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invo keNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:520)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:109)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invo keNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(S tandardPipeline.java:520)\n at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Cont ainerBase.java:929)\n at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(Co yoteAdapter.java:162)\n at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyo teHandler.java:300)\n at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(Handler Request.java:374)\n at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelS ocket.java:743)\n at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnecti on(ChannelSocket.java:675)\n at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(Channe lSocket.java:866)\n at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)\n at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:810)\n