Hi,

I'm running Linux OES 2 SP1 with latest updates. I recently tried to upload a Samsung PPD driver for Mac to my Driver Store. After attempting to upload, iManager waited a bit, then claimed to be in the 'Down' state. It produced the following error:

"The driver store did not reach the desired state within the alloted time. Check the driver store log file on the server. (var/opt/novell/log/iprint/idsd.log)"

I tried starting the Driver store from iManager several times, and got the same error

The idsd.log file reads as follows:

Oct 19 22:02:45 INFO Building Driver Table of Contents.
Oct 19 22:08:22 FATAL Another instance of idsd is already running [4859]

Oct 19 22:14:53 INFO Building Driver Table of Contents.
Oct 20 11:28:13 FATAL Another instance of idsd is already running [14558]

I tried doing a "novell-idsd restart" , but the it never comes back in iManager. Also tried rebooting the server.

A "novell-idsd status" shows that idsd is running.

The idsd process is consuming 100% CPU. I'm assuming it is related to "Building Driver Table of Contents", since a "Building Complete" event was never logged after my last attempted upload. It has been doing this for several days, so I assume something is hung up.

Users are able to print OK, but I cannot get iManager to recognize that the Driver store is running, so I can't upload drivers.

Is there a way to "clean out" my last attempt to upload the (corrupted?) Samsung driver. It appears my troubles started with this event.

Thanks for your help.

Nathan