I am trying to do a hardware upgrade poweredge 2600 to poweredge 2900 netware 6.5 sp7 to 6.5 sp7. The source is named CSDCS1 and the destination is TEMP. Temp is in its own tree. Only IP. When I installed I used the [INST:spedir] switch so it would install edir 8.7.3 to match CSDCS1
Hosts file on csdcs1
10.243.0.11 csdcs1.xxxxxx.k12.xx.us CSDCS1
10.243.0.9 temp.xxxxxxxx.k12.xx.us TEMP
Hosts file on TEMP
10.243.0.9 temp.xxxxxxxx.k12.xx.us TEMP
10.243.0.11 csdcs1.xxxxxx.k12.xx.us CSDCS1
From the workstation I can ping temp and csdcs1 and get a reply
Starting the migration wizard I go through and can see the files on CSDCS1
sys and vol1 drag and drop the ones I want to TEMP sys and vol1
click verify and copy files--answer all the questions
then I get critical errors.Listed below There is no migerror.log on temp
SMDR.nlm ver 6.57.04 is loaded on both servers as is
TSAFS.nlm ver 6.52.08

My eyes are blurry from reading.
I have thought about Manual Server Migration TID 3395192
I have not replaced a Netware server before.
This server does NAT, DNS, routing between the subnets (4)
GWIA gateway and Groupwise webaccess gateway, GW messenger

From the log it looks like it thinks it is migrating from CSDCS1 to CSDCS1

One more thing-this server is the gateway to the internet and it drops the connection about 2 o'clock most every day but will also do it a little at random times. It will come back up by itself after a while but will come backup immediately if I unload the NIC and reinit. The other 2 cards don't go down and I have replaced this NIC but no change.

Thanks in advance for any help
ww

Error Log
Project: C:\admin\\Migrate CSDCS1\Migrate CSDCS1.mdb
Date: 10/29/09 Time: 09:41:09

Validation Errors
Project: C:\admin\\Migrate CSDCS1\Migrate CSDCS1.mdb
Date: 10/29/09 Time: 09:49:42

The destination server is not the server that you are migrating to. Source server/path: \\CSDCS1\SYS\\ Destination server/path: \\TEMP\SYS\\

The destination server is not the server that you are migrating to. Source server/path: \\CSDCS1\SYS\\ Destination server/path: \\TEMP\SYS\\

The destination server is not the server that you are migrating to. Source server/path: \\CSDCS1\VOL1\\ Destination server/path: \\TEMP\VOL1\\

The destination server is not the server that you are migrating to. Source server/path: \\CSDCS1\VOL1\\ Destination server/path: \\TEMP\VOL1\\

Error '(You may be able to look in SYS\SYSTEM\MIGERROR.LOG file on the destination and/or source server for more information about this error.) SMSConnOpen Xfffdffd7 - NWSMTS error: Login denied.' occurred attempting to open the connection to the SMDR from server 'CSDCS1' to server 'CSDCS1'. Make sure the TSA and SMDR nlms are loaded on the source and destination servers. If SLP is not configured, you may need to edit the destination server's SYS:ETC/HOSTS file, and insert an entry for the source (include IP address and server name). See the Troubleshooting section in the user documentation for possible solutions to this connection error.

An error occurred while verifying the destination server 'CSDCS1'.

--- Error caused by a NetWare API error ---

This error means that the error code returned has different meanings for different functions.

(Error code: 0X89fe Function Name: NWNCPExtensionRequest)