the new gwws.jar seems to work now with GW 8.0.1
But it seems to be no longer backward compatible with GW 7. Connecting to a GW 7.0.2 POA I get the following error :

Fehler beim Aufheben der Serialisierung: Fehler im XML-Leseprogramm: Unerwarteter Zeicheninhalt: "owner.postoffice1.de"
at com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._handleRunt imeExceptionInSend(StreamingSender.java:331)
at com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send(Strea mingSender.java:313)
at com.novell.groupwise.ws.GroupWisePortType_Stub.get FolderListRequest(GroupWisePortType_Stub.java:1380 )

I assume that the problem is due to the changed owner scheme of SharedFolder / SharedBook.
Here the SOAP trace :

<gwt:folder xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="gwt:SharedFolder">
<gwt:id>4AF1D523.coi.postoffice1.100.1386F69.1.D4D .1@34:4AF1D497.coi.postoffice1.100.1366973.1.146.1 </gwt:id>

I have to use a TCP sniffer because the gwTrace flag seems not to work, too.

In the discussion from September 10th you suggest to use a version identifier different from "1.03" in the loginRequest if we don't want the changes for the 8.0.1 schema
That does not work because I always use a version id of 1.0 and was nevertheless forced to use the new gwws.jar for connecting to GW 8.0.1

We have to connect to GW 7 and GW 8 postoffices. How can we do that without using different WSDL implementations?

Still another question about GW 7.0.3 : Are there any issues using filters? I get no items with GW 7.0.3 if I use complex FilterEntries (with a filter condition for a Custom property).