I'm attempting to use a remote execution policy to run a zlmmirror task that mirrors RedHat distros. I've got 3 distros set up (RHEL4-WS,RHEL5-Client and RHEL5-Server) and all of them run successfully from the command prompt

I've set up 3 remote execution policies to run the mirror tasks, all of them apparently identical except for the name of the config file. Two of the work and generate a green "the policy ... was enforced and the program configured in the policy was successfully executed." event in the (GUI) event log. However the last one (rhel5-server) gives no events at all, like its being ignored. (I checked the command-line version using 'zlman sm' and its the same-no events from the rhel5-server policy)

Was thinking that meant that the program didnt run until I found lines in /var/opt/novell/log/zenworks/services-messages.log and /var/opt/novell/log/zenworks/zlmirror.log and discovered that 'rhel-x86_64-server-5-bundle' had in fact bumped a revision level indicating that it HAD mirrored.

So does anyone know what causes events to disappear in the system even though the tasks appear to complete? It doesnt inspire confidence..