We have an outside agency sending a marketing e-mail with the following subject line: "2 Pairs of Eyeglasses for $78 - Coupon Inside". What they're sending isn't what we're receiving.

For inside recipients using GroupWise 7, GroupWise 8 or WebAccess 8, the subject line appears as: "2 Pairs of Eyeglasses for =?UTF8?Q?=24?=78 - Coupon Inside". It appears this way in the message view AND in the mime.822 headers.

For outside recipients, including some of our inside users that have yahoo, hotmail or gmail accounts, the subject line looks fine. On my iPhone - which synchronizes to my groupwise mailbox via NotifyLink - the subject line looks fine.

I took a peek at the headers that were sent to my GMail account - they also show the "=?UTF8?Q?=24?=78", but when viewed in GMail this shows up as "$". It appears whatever is doing the UTF-8 encoding is doing it on the sender's side, but most of the clients that view it convert it back to "$".

Has anybody else encountered this before? Does this indicate a problem with GroupWise displaying UTF-8 encoding? Or is it a problem with how the sender's side is doing the UTF-8 encoding in the first place? I'm hoping somebody can explain this behavior where it actually makes sense...