I have a six node cluster with 16 pools running amongst those nodes. 15 of the 16 have DST pools hanging off them. We have DST migration policies shut off (inactive) all the time, only activating them to run twice a year (December and July). That way, we can back up the DST pools immediately after that, and not have to back them up again until the next time we run DST.

The problem is (and this is our first time running the policies as described above), DST isn't getting all the candidate files. I've duplicated this on two different pools, that are running on two different nodes in the cluster.

Say for example I want everything older than 6 months to go to the DST pool. I'll set the policy that way, and then execute it. It will run, and move a few files from primary storage to the DST pool. Sometimes it will move one, sometimes it will move hundreds. But the point is, it should move ALL of them that are candidates (not modified for more than 6 months) all in one fell swoop. I've ran it at least two dozen times now on each of these pools (without changing anything about the policies), and each time it moves a few more files.

It's not that a few files at a time are suddenly reaching the 6 month mark - I can use 'find' and see that there are hundreds of candidate files. I can also run volume inventory against the primary pool in NRM and see that there are hundreds of GB of files that should be moving to DST. (NRM shows that there are about 450GB of files that are between 6 months and one year old. All of those *should* move when I 'execute now' the policy on the server. But only a few at a time move. I do not have any other restrictions (max size, etc) set in the policy that would cause some of the files to be skipped.

Has anyone else come across this? I'm running oes2sp1, and edirectory 8.84 (if that matters...I don't see how it could though). I do not have Salvage enabled. I do have compression enabled. There is currently no AV running on the servers. The backup product we're using (NetBackup) does not modify the files when it backs them up.

Much oblige,