Hello,

is there a bug in GroupWise 801 installation?

I tried to install it in our system with administrative user on an ou (f.e. department.companyname) and get this error below.

I tried it from different computers.

com.novell.gw.api.directory.edir.EdirAuthenticatio nException: (Error -601) The object name entered could not be found in the context specified. Refer to Help for all listings of possible causes and solutions.
at com.novell.gw.api.directory.edir.EdirectoryConnect ion.authenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.gw.api.install.InstallConnectionProvide r.authenticate(Unknown Source)
at com.novell.gw.api.install.InstallUtilities.authent icate(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.novell.admin.common.exceptions.UniqueSPIExcept ion: (Error -601) The object name entered could not be found in the context specified. Refer to Help for all listings of possible causes and solutions.
at com.novell.admin.common.exceptions.UniqueSPIExcept ion.newException(UniqueSPIException.java:102)
at com.novell.admin.ns.nds.jclient.NDSNamespaceImpl.r esolveSPIException(NDSNamespaceImpl.java:5332)
at com.novell.admin.ns.nds.jclient.NDSNamespaceImpl.a uthenticate(NDSNamespaceImpl.java:3768)
... 3 more
Caused by: novell.jclient.JCException: resolve -601 ERR_NO_SUCH_ENTRY
at novell.jclient.JCContext.resolve(Native Method)
at novell.jclient.JCContext.resolve(JCContext.java:94 4)
at com.novell.admin.ns.nds.jclient.NDSNamespaceImpl.a uthenticate(NDSNamespaceImpl.java:3747)
... 3 more

Before and afterwards I tried it on a testsystem - all works fine.

Now I created an admin-user in our organization an this works fine.

Is this a bug?

Michael