Well, I thought there will appear problems. We do have some apps for distribution just by copying large amount of files (not large in size) to Windows (XP Pro, usually) machines. These is some programs which works from directory wo any special need for installation. Happy situation for admin. From one side. In ZfD 4.0.1 we did install this app on one of machines and then did take snapshot via special app (who remember) and did copy file to (Netware) server share, give rights for device (~ workstation) and associate it with ws via eDir and ... voila, next restart or whatsoever and app was there. Very nice, indeed, I miss this!
So, I tried to make this happen on ZCM 10 (on SLES 11). Did app, sorry, bundle, upload files (first time it stuck, second time id accomplish, around 7500 files) and did distribution/launch association to ws (~device). And ... got errors. Several entries in log as examples below.
Any ideas?
More thanks, Alar.
Error: [1/8/10 2:41:53 PM] BundleManager BUNDLE.UnknownExceptionOccurred An Unknown exception occurred trying to process task: Novell.Zenworks.AppModule.LaunchException: Exception of type 'Novell.Zenworks.AppModule.LaunchException' was thrown.
at Novell.Zenworks.AppModule.AppActionItem.ProcessAct ion(APP_ACTION launchType, ActionContext context, ActionSetResult previousResults)
Error: [1/8/10 2:41:54 PM] BundleManager ActionMan.FailureProcessingActionException Failed to process action: Information for id 51846d2388c028d8c471f1199b965859 has not been cached. Did you forget to call CacheContentInfo first?