Hello,

We have a particular issue and I am posting some information in hopes to figure out why what is happening is happening. I will be as detailed as possible.

We are rolling out some Windows 7 64 bit machines and were running out tests to make sure everything worked correctly before sending them out. We are running Netware 6.5 with Sp8 and the recent iprint patches and the .js file for deployment of printer drivers. Here was our situation with the first 2 we tried: We loaded up windows 7 and went about the normal process of installing out software. Normally one of the first things we install is the iprint client. We ahd that installed along with Office 2007 and normal applications. When we installed Novell Client 2 and rebooted, when clicking the advanced options a window popped up and there was no option to select tree, context and server. When we hit cancel, it returned us back to the ctrl, atl, del screen. We were able to log in workstation only, then login to netware and everything worked fine.

We were baffled so we began to break down the install process to figure out what happened. I will post load order and results now. These tests were performed on the same machine with UAC enabled with default settings.

Test1:
Install Windows 7
Run Windows update, select everything avaliable, install, reboot
Install Netware Client 2 SP1, reboot
At login screen hit advanced options, tree and server were able to be selected, login fine and map all drives.

Test 2:
Install Windows 7
Run Windows update, select everything avaliable, install, reboot
Install Iprint Client 5.32 from the win7 x86_64 folder
Install Netware Client 2 SP1, reboot
At login screen hit advanced options, screen is blank and we are not able to select tree, context or server. Hitting cancel returns to the ctrl, alt, del screen.

I am in the process of loading the machine up for the 3rd time and will install the Client 2 Sp1 reboot, then install Iprint client 5.32 and see if that works for us. I will edit this post with those results. (guess I should have done this on Test 1, but oh well)

I would like to know if anyone has any idea why installing iprint client 5.32 prior to Client 2 SP1 would not work correctly.

On XP with iprint client 5.20 we had no issues ever with the install order of things.

I guess my question