OES2SP2 linux is installed, configuring the FTP service to allow webpage uploads.

Things are working for the first user I try, The user is lum enabled, and has a home directory residing in the /home directory.

Second user I try, also lum enabled (can ssh into the server as this user). The user is primarily a mac user, for user home sync on the mac, their linux home directory is /Network/Servers/yada...soforth - i.e. not on this system.

FTP for first user works fine, gateway support is ok.

FTP for second user, login fails. Errors about home directory not available.

This is a webserver, serving pages from an nss volume - that is NOT the users home dir. I don't want the users connecting to their home dir from ftp. I want them to be able in their ftp program to specify a path, /media/nss/vol1/theirfolder , which works for the user that it allows to connect.

How do I get the server to not care about the home directory?

User sees this ...
ftp> open iweb.jackson.k12.ga.us
Connected to iweb.jackson.k12.ga.us.
220-Welcome to Pure-FTPd.
220-You are user number 2 of 100 allowed.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Name (iweb.jackson.k12.ga.us:fullersync):
331 User fullersync OK. Password required
421 Home directory not available - aborting
ftp: Login failed.

Server log says this...
Jan 20 14:52:53 iweb pure-ftpd: (?@ [DEBUG] Command [user] [fullersync]
Jan 20 14:52:56 iweb pure-ftpd: (?@ [DEBUG] Command [pass] [<*>]
Jan 20 14:52:56 iweb pure-ftpd: (?@ [DEBUG] namGetUserFDNfromUID for uid 644 return 0
Jan 20 14:52:56 iweb pure-ftpd: (?@ [DEBUG] nwlogin -u cn=fullersync.ou=Net.o=JC uid 644 context ou=Net.o=JC
Jan 20 14:52:58 iweb pure-ftpd: (?@ [ERROR] Home directory not available - aborting