Hello again everyone,

I found another problem with Groupwise 8.0.1 HP1 while testing the software with screen reader software - JAWS v10. As per the instructions located in the Client\jaws folder (which were the same for 7.x versions) I copied the files grpwise.exe.manifest and addrbook.exe.manifest in the GW install directory - in my case C:\Novell\GroupWise. As soon as I start GW8 with those files present, it fires up an error:

"This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found. Re-installing the application might fix the problem."

Of course I already tried reinstalling the application, which does not solve the problem at all. It seems that as soon as those files are present, it breaks GW. Removing those "manifest" files will allow GW to launch normally, but it breaks some JAWS functionnality which is a no-go for our visually-impaired users.

So, has something been changed in they way GW handles screen reader software since v7? Is it because these files are no longer needed, or do we need to do additional instructions not outlined in the readme file? We really need to get this working otherwise this could stop us from deploying GW8.

Thanks in advance,

Christian L.