I have just built a brand new Windows 64 bit Professional workstation and attempted to install the Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows 7 client on it.

Installed failed repeatedly with an NMAS 1603 error. I discovered a fix for this (registry key problems) and finally was able to do a complete install of the Novell client.

Now when I reboot and attempt to login or use Advanced settings the Novell client crashes (the advanced login settings window is completely empty, btw)

The error is:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
The Application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

So, I log into the workstation Windows only and attempt to use the Novell taskbar utility nwtray to login, and when I right click on it and select Login it just crashes.

In the event log I see that nwtray.exe has crashed with a fault in MFC800.DLL

The logon crash is attributed to LogonUI.exe - mscvrt.dll is to blame apparently.

This is brand new machine, clean install of Windows 64 Bit Professional. Is the Novell Client for Windows 7 available in 64 bit only? I didn't see a download for it, or could the problem be something wrong with the client itself?

Any help would be appreciated. This is our first attempt to deploy a Windows 7 machine on our network.