I had some problems to update my ZCM Primary Server from 10.2.0 to 10.2.2.

After an interesting troubleshooting session I think I found a possible solution:

1) Download update 10.2.2 manually (follow this TID ZCM 10.2.2 upgrade manual import file)

2) Update the primary server through ZENworks Control Center - Updates Option.

3) While the update progress is working, open log file /var/opt/novell/log/zenworks/system-update/50100202008b93e7d3949f03b6fb5eb5/system-update.log and trace it. For example, with tail -f /path_to_log_file

4) If you see an error like "DEBUG;;;Unable to update status with server: Error: ConnectFailure" open another terminal and check if novell-zenagent is running. If it's unused, restart ZENworks Agent with command /etc/init.d/novell-zenagent restart.

5) Follow the system update log process and wait for this message: "INSTALLING;INSTALLING_PERCENTAGE;100;FINISHED;FIN ISHED;;"

6) Run yast2 and go to System - System Services (Runlevel).

7) Go to "Expert Mode" and look for novell-zenagent. Check that it starts in runlevel 3 and 5... in my update I lose this runlevels, and I had to add it.

8) Reboot the server.

When the server is running enter at ZENworks Control Center and check the version. In my situation I have the update installed and running :)

Try it!

Josep M.