We are in the process of migration from Novell Netware 6.0 to a Windows 2008 R2 server but we estimate the complete migration will be done in couple of months.
We choose not to migrate user account from novell to windows so we have a fresh installation of AD recreating the users with same names & passwords to the windows server and the Netware server is not conented to Windows server by any tools and/or clients (WS2008 has no netware client installed).

The general ideea is that both servers will provide "independent" services - on Netware file sharing and FAX (FaxServer 7 from ACCPAC) and on Windows other file shares and database services.

All it seems to work fine except the FAX client (Bitware client) that ceased to work after workstations are added to the domain... well a part of workstations can use the fax client but only from time to time... the error message is "Cannot establish connection to FAXserver host."

From the Faxsever docs I've find out it require the IPX protocol so all novell clients (Novell Client 4.91 SP5 on WindowsXP) are installed with IP and IPX.

I have tryied to set NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Conpatible transport protocol in the network settings to have Frame type=802.2 and Network Number with the corresponding network number, but without any luck.

The file sharing works ok for both server (Novell & MS) only the Faxserver based on the IPX it seems not working propery and I'm pretty shure is some "advanced" settings at the client side.

The questions is: What settings are reuired to ensure Windows Client will communicate properly via IPX with the novell server?...

Or there are any other ideeas or other settings to check?...