Hi, all.

We've been using DNS on a NetWare 6.5 Server for a couple years, but recently we've been having a couple problems:

1 - When starting named.nlm, we get several errors, and the ones which keep repeating are:

critical: Unable to read locator reference from NCP server
error: Unable to set an attribute[DNIP:Zone Options] in eDirectory with error 25

If someone can point me to a log file, I will post the errors we get at startup.

2 - In DNS/DHCP Management Console, the NetWare server doesn't appear at the bottom anymore! This is our primary DNS server, so this is a problem.

I suspect these first two problems are related. They may have started when we upgraded NW 6.5 (AKA OES2/NW) on this server from SP7 to SP8.
I believe NW 6.5 SP8 is also called "OES2/NW SP2".

I tried updating named.nlm with a newer one from Novell's site, but it doesn't appear to have changed anything.

3 - We also have a SLES 10 server running DNS, and it does appear in the DNS/DHCP Management Console, but with a red X through it. This has been a problem for a while. I have no idea what changed when it broke ~ it has never been completely stable.

Any insight or assistance you can provide with any of these issues would be appreciated!

Thanks, in advance.