Hi, from a 64-bit Windows 2008 Server R2 box, if I go to Z: drive (\Public folder of a volume of a 64-bit OES2SP2 server) and issue the map command, I get a Windows popup box titled Unsupported 16-bit Application stating that "The program or feature "\??\Z:\MAP.EXE" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit version of Windows. Please contact the software vendor to ask if 64-bit Windows is compatible." I click OK and back in the Dos box, it says "This version of Z:\MAP.EXE is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

I have NW Client 2 sp1 for Vista/2008 installed on this box.

Does a 64bit version of Novell MAP.exe exist? I searched around on Novell's site but could not locate it. I thought it odd that OES2 would install such an ancient map.exe file. Hopefully you don't have to use NET USE, since MAP is more flexible. These ultimately have to run from an OES2 user's login script (we don't want users mapping drives themselves.)