We are running ZCM 10.2.2. Recently the Server crashed and I had to reinstall Linux and ZCM. I had imaging working good before this happened but now it is not working very well. Luckily I hadn't converted the whole school over yet. I have gone through and reinstalled the new agent after uninstalling the old on the workstations (xp). They are showing up fine now and I can remote them with no problem. The problem is the images. They have the old client (ZCM that crashed) on them which the new server will not recognize. So to fix this, I have these images saved from pre ZCM. They have the old agent from Zen 7 on them. I load them then install the new ZCM client. As I did before the crash. As I did before I run the command zac fsg -d and they should be ready to send up to the server for future imaging. The problem is that they are not updating the hostname after they are sent down. they are keeping the hostname from the machine I took the image from. This did not happen before. I found this info from a previous thread.

Those instructions are the ones that I wrote, and still use now (1300 machines in zone)

1 extra step (in bold) to try would be the following (ive included the other steps):

- Disconnect the NIC
- Run C:\ZCM\10.2\PreAgentPkg_AgentComplete.exe
- Once its completed, DO NOT reboot
- Run C:\ZCM\10.2\CASA.msi and select Repair CASA (for some reason this needs to be re-run at the end of the agent install)
- Browse to HKLM\Software\Novell\Zenworks\PreAgent and delete the GUID entry
- Browse to HKLM\Software\Novell\Zenworks\Remote Management\Agent and delete any subkeys with machine names on them.
- Browse to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon and edit the System key. Remove the entry pointing at ziswin.exe (Leave the System key in place)
- Run C:\Program Files\Novell\Zenworks\bin\preboot\ziswin.exe
- Click Edit, Clear ImageSafe Data and then Save. Click No to the question about "just imaged" if prompted.
- Run Explorer and browse to C:\Program Files\Novell\Zenworks\conf and delete the 2 files called DeviceData and DeviceGuid
- Run C:\SYSPREP\syspre.exe -mini -quiet -reseal. This will sysprep the machine and switches itself off.
- Reconnect the NIC, and switch on PC/laptop and take image

I have 2 issues with this. Most of these steps I cannot do because the info is not there? 2 What parts I can do, do not fix my issue.