Hi,

I have installed ZENworks 7 on a OES2 Linux server and have some troubles with the Inventory service.

First: the Inventory Service object in the tree has was not created. I tried to create it manually, but that causes problems with the scandir.

Second: Novell ZENworks Inventory server daemon is dying every time I statr it.

The logfile /var/opt/novell/log/zenworks/inv/novell-zdm-inv.log shows this information:
pid: 11532
Starting Inventory services. Please wait...
Corrupted or missing exceptions properties file. Using defaults.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.novell.zenworks.desktop.inventory.zencommon.ND APAuthUtilities.unauthenticate(NDAPAuthUtilities.j ava:756)
at com.novell.zenworks.desktop.inventory.zencommon.ND APAuthUtilities.getAttributes(NDAPAuthUtilities.ja va:825)
at com.novell.zenworks.desktop.inventory.zencommon.ND APAuthUtilities.getAttributes(NDAPAuthUtilities.ja va:788)
at com.novell.zenworks.desktop.inventory.zencommon.Au thUtilities.getAttributes(AuthUtilities.java:137)
at com.novell.zenworks.desktop.inventory.common.Inven toryAuthUtilities.getAttributes(InventoryAuthUtili ties.java:115)
at com.novell.zenworks.desktop.inventory.servercommon .ZENWorksInventoryServiceManager.main(ZENWorksInve ntoryServiceManager.java:407)

What causes these problems?
Is there a way to repair this or start all over again?