Good day to you all. After numerous attempts at logging in to my student account, clicking the appropriate link on my computers ( and the page just sitting there for 20 minutes before finally telling me the page cannot be displayed, and my trying to contact my school's Computer (non)Help Desk to no avail, I decided to try this forum to get some real answers.

For the last week, I have been unable to access my student email from the GroupWise interface at all. Prior to this past week, everything was fine, and I could log in with no troubles whatsoever. Those days are over, it seems.

I have very important collegiate/academic emails sent to this account, and without access to them, I'm up the proverbial creek. Additionally, I keep getting a forwarded email (I have emails supposedly being forwarded to my gmail account, though this has NEVER worked properly or consistently) that states in a couple of days, my password is going to expire. Unfortunately, without access to my account, there's literally nothing I can do about it.

Does anyone have any ideas, thoughts or suggestions here that I can either do to fix this error myself (in case it's just an issue with the two computers I use to access GroupWise), or something I can call the College (non)Help Desk to have them check for?

Any and all help would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-One Frustrated Student!!!