Hi,

BM3.9sp2ir1
NW6.5sp8(with post sp8 patches through April 17,2010)
eDir8.8sp4

We frequently are having problems with clients connecting to our system.
Most using the bm3xvpn12 client with NMAS.
Often have to try multiple times to get connected, sometimes restart the computer, sometimes it just doesn't want to work, but sometimes it will work just fine.
No rhyme or reason that I can find, same user and system will work and then not work. Though those with problems frequently have the problem.
When some have problems, others will be connected just fine, so it isn't just that the server is refusing to accept connections.

the last item shown before it times out on the IKE screen is:
IKE : Nmas user check authentication and traffic rule.

Client sits at the negotiating and authentication message for several minutes then fails with:
may be Invalid VPN Server or IKE not loaded.

No problems at all if I unload the filters, consistently get a VPN connection in under 15seconds.

Is this a possible filter issue?
I have run brdcfg to see that they are all applied. I only do filter work in Filtcfg, never in iManager.

I've run wireshark on the client side and have good and bad captures. everything seems to match up ok until it is in the port 500/4500 sections.

good:
2 cycles of port 500 communications, then switches to 4500 Wireshark Info column says: "Identity Protection (main mode)"
3 sends on 4500, then 3 receives on 4500 Wireshark Info column says: "Identity Protection (main mode)"
and then a send/receive/send on 4500 Wireshark info column says: "Quick Mode"
and then switches to UDP 353 ndsauth

and connected on the VPN.

bad:
2 cycles of port 500 communications, then switches to 4500 Wireshark Info column says: "Identity Protection (main mode)"
3 sends on 4500 Wireshark Info column says: "Identity Protection (main mode)"
NO reply from VPN server
3 sends on 500 Wireshark Info column says: "Identity Protection (main mode)"
No reply from VPN server
1 send on 4500 protocal UDPENCAP wireshare info column says NAT-keepalive
1 send on 500 Wireshark Info column says: "Identity Protection (main mode)"
4 replies on 4500 Wireshark Info column says: "Identity Protection (main mode)"
1 reply on 500 Wireshark Info column says: "Identity Protection (main mode)"
Then client sends on 500 to 4500 Wireshark Info column says: Informational
then back and forth port 500 sends show Informational, replies Identity Protection.

we also have similar problems connecting to another BM server in the same tree (different location)
BM3.8sp5
NW6.5sp5
eDir8.7.3.9