Hello-
First of all, I'm not a developer in any way. I've been the GWise Admin here for 12+ yrs. Our GW upgrade from GW703/NetWare 6.5 to GW801/SUSE is on hold until I can find an answer for this. I'm hoping this forum will be able to help! Years back a couple of our programmers used the Object API way back in GW 5/6 to configure a couple automated mailings/processes for a couple different business areas here. These processes still continue to run today. They of course are related to sales-generating and we can not risk them not working if they would be affected by our upgrade. So hear's a couple questions:

If we upgraded from GW703/NetWare to GW8/SUSE would that cause a problem w/these processes continuing to function?

Or, is it possible after upgrading the back-end to GW801/SUSE, could we keep the client PC's which work w/these processes at GW703 and they would be unaffected and continue to run properly?

Is the GW Object API even officially supported by Novell any longer when using w/GW7 and/or GW8?

Is it possible I need to provide a newer GW Object API to the programmers?

Lastly, of course, management here would want to make sure I can 100% guarantee that the upgrade would not affect the processes, so does that sound reasonable (aside from the piece of risk that always comes from an upgrade).

Thanks much in advance,
LB