Hi All,

Just got done setting up my first SLES 10 SP2/OES2 SP2 server and adding it to me eDirectory 8.7 tree that is running on 4 Netware 6.5 SP7 servers. After a lot of help from the forums I was able to get that far with only a few bumps in the road.

Now, I am at the point where I want to setup more SLES/OES servers to start moving my data to. During this move I am also doing a tree redesign so I have questions about whether or not I am doing a true migration. That is, I am not going from server to server and staying in the old server's context.

My current tree is comprised of multiple Organization objects even though we're one company. Previous admins set it up this way and it's not what I want to move forward with. I prefer 1 Organization with Organizational units below. That being said, when I setup new SLES/OES servers, I am not going to use the old server names either. So my plan is as follows...

1. Design new tree - DONE

2. Setup SLES/OES servers to replace NW 6.5 servers - PENDING

3. Move data from old NW 6.5 servers to new SLES/OES servers - PENDING

4. Move users from their old locations in the eDirectory tree to their new locations - PENDING

5. Move/Create master replica on new SLES/OES servers

6. Remove replicas from old NW 6.5 servers

7. Remove old NW 6.5 servers from eDirectory tree

* I know there is some work involved at the user's workstations but I am willing to handle that for the new tree design.

Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of by going this route? Do any of the experts have issues with this approach?

Thanks for any and all help.