Faulting application name: XTSvcMgr.exe, version:, time stamp: 0x4c0584a5
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be02b
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000c6cd2
Faulting process id: 0x4f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb0d57af2c03b4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Novell\Client\XTier\Services\XTSvcMgr.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: fdabad15-794c-11df-8624-78e7d18348c6

We have recently started deploying Windows 7 using Novell Client 2 SP1 IR1 (and now IR2). We have been getting reports of pc hangs on a few computers and I also have the issue on my brand new HP desktop pc. It appears to happen while accessing network drives. Everything is fine when first booting up and accessing files on the network. After about 20 minutes or longer the Computer will show not responding in the Task manager. Every time this happens I will see the Application Error above in the event log. Also, I cannot stop the explorer process, shutdown or do anything other than turn the pc off and back on. I can temporarily use applications that are open as long as they do not have to access the network. I can browse to my local drives but no network drives once this happens (although I can get to the mapped drives from a command prompt). No high utilization on the computer at all. In the past when I have lost access to explorer I have been able to kill that process.