I have read ever piece of documentation and forum post on this issue with no solution.

Environment
4 x SLES 10 SP3/OES 2 SP2 servers
4 x Netware 6.5 SP8 servers

The master replica is on 1 of the Netware 6.5 boxes and all the SLES/OES boxes have an unfiltered R/W replica. I am in the middle of migrating data/users from the Netware servers to the SLES/OES and need CIFS for some other tasks.

I have been managing CIFS for the SLES/OES boxes via iManager and everything appears to be setup correctly. I have the user contexts listed under the "Context" tab in iManager, OpLocks are not enabled, DFS is not enabled, SMB Sigs are set to optional.

In troubleshooting this CIFS issue I noticed that CIFS stopped working on my Netware boxes where it had worked before. I ran a DSTrace (on the Netware box) and noticed the following:

Code:
39: Create NMAS Session
39: CheckIfLocalUser: client supplied user DN Administrator.O=IT
ERROR: -601 resolveFilteredReplica: Resolving .Administrator.O=IT.TRINET.
ERROR: -601 dal_createUserContext: resolveFilteredReplica for Administrator.O=IT
ERROR: -16049 DALCreateLoginSession:createUserContext
39: ERROR: -16049 CheckIfLocalUser: DALCreateLoginSession
39: CheckIfLocalUser failed -16049
39: Client Session Destroy Request
39: Destroy NMAS Session
39: Aborted Session Destroyed (with MAF)
40: Destroy NMAS Session for reuse
So it's trying to automatically login as my current user on that Windows box (Administrator). Once that fails, it prompts me for a username/password and I try my network user/pass in all types of different ways (.username.context, username, cn=..., etc) but it fails. The DSTrace on my login attempt looks a little different:

Code:
40: Create NMAS Session
40: CheckIfLocalUser: client supplied user DN jlw\.it.O=INTERNATIONAL
ERROR: -601 resolveFilteredReplica: Resolving .jlw\.it.O=INTERNATIONAL.TRINET.
ERROR: -601 dal_createUserContext: resolveFilteredReplica for jlw\.it.O=INTERNATIONAL
ERROR: -16049 DALCreateLoginSession:createUserContext
40: ERROR: -16049 CheckIfLocalUser: DALCreateLoginSession
40: CheckIfLocalUser failed -16049
40: Client Session Destroy Request
40: Destroy NMAS Session
40: Aborted Session Destroyed (with MAF)
41: Destroy NMAS Session for reuse
Notice the "IT" and "INTERNATIONAL". Those are two separate Organizational Units in my tree that are not over/under each other. Why it is adding one to the other is beyond me but I suspect it is the problem.

Any tips? Pointers?