Using eDirectory, ZCM 10.3.0a on SLES10, and WinXP sp3 (novell client 4.91 sp5, adapative agent 10.3).

I'm working on migrating the school district to ZCM from ZEN7, so I'm testing application migration. My test accounts are password protected, mostly from habit. Our students are not required to have a password on their login account, tho a few do.

I decided to check the progress of the migration against a real student account, and discovered that ZCM would not authenticate the account. After some poking around, I discovered that if the account has no password, ZCM will not authenticate. Set up a password on the account, and ZCM will authenticate it.

I'm using DLU with volatile users, Windows Group Policies, and Roaming Profiles for the students. Teachers and Staff don't have the DLU set for volatile users since they tend to use the same workstation consistently.

Am I missing something here? I'm not adverse to requiring passwords for everybody, but it could be a problem to teach a 6 year old this concept. (Actually thinking the complaints I'll get from teachers after 15 years of 'no password required' policy for students.)