I am trying to install ZCM10 sp3 using an external MS SQL 2005, 32-bit database. I am having issues connecting to an already created database or creating a database when installing ZCM.

When I choose to use an existing SQL database, I get an "error connecting to the database server". Here is what the install log shows:
Custom Action: com.novell.zenworks.install.customcode.configure.C onfigShouldCreateDBAction
Additional Notes: NOTE - Name:mydomain.net
Additional Notes: NOTE - Addr: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Additional Notes: NOTE - Reach: true
Additional Notes: NOTE - Connection failed due to Exception: String index out of range: -1
Additional Notes: NOTE - Connection URL is 'null', User: 'Administrator', Domain: 'null', Instance: 'null'

When I choose to let the install create the database, I get an error of "unable to establish a connection to the specified server." Here is what is in the install log.
Custom Action: com.novell.zenworks.install.customcode.configure.C onfigShouldCreateDBAction
Additional Notes: NOTE - Name: mydomain.net
Additional Notes: NOTE - Addr: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Additional Notes: NOTE - Reach: true
Additional Notes: NOTE - Connection failed due to Exception: String index out of range: -1
Additional Notes: NOTE - Connection URL is 'null', User: 'Administrator', Domain: 'null', Instance: 'null'

I have tried the ip address instead of the domain name of my MS SQL server during the setup with out any luck. I can ping the ip address, domain name of my SQL server without issues. I can also do an nslookup of the ip address and domain name of the SQL server without any problems. The firewalls are off on both servers.

My ZCM server is MS Server 2008 Enterprise R2, 64-bit. My SQL server is a MS 2008 Enterprise R2, 64-bit server running MS SQL 2005, 32-bit.

Anyone have any ideas here? Looked on the Internet a lot and Novell's forums and haven't found anything yet.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Scott