Hi all,

I attempted an down server upgrade and it did well until it got to eDir. It kept failing with errors about not finding an file or directory:

Command socket error: No such file or directory. ErrorCode=2
Jul 15 15:47:57 n4u_send_command failed with error code=-1

and ndsconfig.log contained:

Jul 15 15:47:50 Path of Novell eDirectory configuration file /etc/opt/novell/eD
irectory/conf/nds.conf
Jul 15 15:47:50 NCPShim Init Failed, error -601

I tried using ndstrace but it would just die imediatly. nldap wouldn't start either. ndsd would start but complain that it couldn't connect to the tcp or tls ports.

I eventually tried removing the directory with ndsconfig rm but that didn't work either. I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the edir related rpm packages. Again no luck.

I then removed the edir config manually and decided to try adding it back to the tree using ndsconfig add. That gave me the same result I was getting originally. Since I can't load ndstrace I can't see what object it can't find.

Thats where I am at now. If anyone has an idea how I can get this server back up I would be very happy to hear it.

Oh, and here is the output of this last try:

command: /opt/novell/eDirectory/bin/ndsconfig add -c -t 'FREDERIC' -n 'o=FSD' -a 'cn=admin.o=FSD' -p 172.20.0.23:524 -d /var/opt/novell/eDirectory/data/dib -D /var/opt/novell/eDirectory -B 172.20.0.21@524 -L 389 -l 636 -o 8028 -O 8030 --config-file /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf

Configuring the NDAP interfaces... Done
Configuring the HTTP interfaces... Done
Configuring the LDAP interfaces... Done

INFO 2: Remove the comment for the entry 'ssncp' from the file /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/ndsmodules.conf to load the SecretStore module by default.Starting the service 'ndsd'... Done.
Command socket error: No such file or directory. ErrorCode=2
Jul 15 15:47:57 n4u_send_command failed with error code=-1
Server down. Please check /var/opt/novell/eDirectory/log/ndsd.log for details.

Configuring Novell eDirectory server with the following parameters, Please wait...
Tree Name : FREDERIC
Server DN : Sayuri.o=FSD
Admin DN : cn=admin.o=FSD
NCP Interface(s) : 172.20.0.21@524
HTTP Interface(s) : 172.20.0.21@8028
HTTPS Interface(s) : 172.20.0.21@8030
LDAP TCP Port : 389
LDAP TLS Port : 636
LDAP TLS Required : Yes
Remote Server Address : 172.20.0.23:524

Configuration File : /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf
Instance Location : /var/opt/novell/eDirectory/data
DIB Location : /var/opt/novell/eDirectory/data/dib

Checking if server is ready to service requests...
ERROR: /opt/novell/eDirectory/bin/ndsconfig return value = 12.

Thanks,

Justin