I thought this old error was dead. But upon upgrading from 10.2.2 to
10.3.0a one server out of 3 is stuck "Rebuilding Deployment Packages".

I tried refreshing, and I tried rebooting. Nothing helped.
I tried "novell-zenworks-configure -c CreateExtractorPacks -Z", but
that throws an error.

Server 1 and 2 is OK, and completed updating to 10.3. But server 3
just won't budge.

Server log shows the error below.

How do I proceed from here?

Regards
Allan



[DEBUG] [07/27/2010 21:23:30.467] [5239] [ZenLinuxDaemon] [10] []
[Settings Module] [] [System.InvalidOperationException: Not supported
Content-Type in the response: 'text/html;charset=utf-8'
Response error message:
--
<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/5.5.23 - Error
report</title><style><!--H1
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;}
H2
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;}
H3
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;}
BODY
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;}
B
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;}
P
{font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A
{color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color :
#525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 500 - </h1><HR
size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Exception
report</p><p><b>message</b> <u></u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The
server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.</u></p><p><b>exception</b>
<pre>java.lang.NullPointerException

com.novell.zenworks.webservice.settinglookup.Setti ngLookupImpl.doPost(SettingLookupImpl.java:67)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:710)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:803)

com.novell.zenworks.webservice.lib.StatisticFilter .doFilter(StatisticFilter.java:77)
</pre></p><p><b>note</b> <u>The full stack trace of the root cause is
available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.23 logs.</u></p><HR size="1"
noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/5.5.23</h3></body></html>
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHelper.Inv alidOperation
(System.String message, System.Net.WebResponse response,
System.Text.Encoding enc) (0x00000)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReceiveResponse
(System.Net.WebResponse response,
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientMessage message,
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapExtension() extensions) (0x00000)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke
(System.String method_name, System.Object() parameters) (0x00000)
at Novell.Zenworks.Settings.Schema.SettingLookupServi ce.getSettings
(Novell.Zenworks.Settings.Schema.SettingsRequest SettingsRequest)
(0x00000)
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
Novell.Zenworks.Settings.Schema.SettingLookupServi ce:getSettings
(Novell.Zenworks.Settings.Schema.SettingsRequest)
at Novell.Zenworks.Settings.WebSettingsService.GetSet tings
(System.String DeviceID) (0x00000) ] [] []
[DEBUG] [07/27/2010 21:23:30.467] [5239] [ZenLinuxDaemon] [10] []
[Settings Module] [] [ at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHelper.Inv alidOperation
(System.String message, System.Net.WebResponse response,
System.Text.Encoding enc) (0x00000)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReceiveResponse
(System.Net.WebResponse response,
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientMessage message,
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapExtension() extensions) (0x00000)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke
(System.String method_name, System.Object() parameters) (0x00000)
at Novell.Zenworks.Settings.Schema.SettingLookupServi ce.getSettings
(Novell.Zenworks.Settings.Schema.SettingsRequest SettingsRequest)
(0x00000)
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
Novell.Zenworks.Settings.Schema.SettingLookupServi ce:getSettings
(Novell.Zenworks.Settings.Schema.SettingsRequest)
at Novell.Zenworks.Settings.WebSettingsService.GetSet tings
(System.String DeviceID) (0x00000) ] [] []
[ERROR] [07/27/2010 21:23:30.468] [5239] [ZenLinuxDaemon] [10] []
[Settings Module] [SettingsModule.SettingsRefreshError] [Unable to
refresh the system settings from https://<IP
REMOVED>/zenworks-setting-lookup/ service.] [] []
[DEBUG] [07/27/2010 21:24:34.306] [5239] [ZenLinuxDaemon] [10] []
[QuickTasks] [] [Exception calling QuickTaskService.getQuickTasks
Type: System.Net.WebException
Message: The request failed with HTTP status 404: NotFound
Status: ProtocolError
Response: System.Net.HttpWebResponse
Stack Trace:
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReceiveResponse
(System.Net.WebResponse response,
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientMessage message,
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapExtension() extensions) (0x00000)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke
(System.String method_name, System.Object() parameters) (0x00000)
at
Novell.Zenworks.QuickTaskManager.QuickTasksService .getQuickTasks
(Novell.Zenworks.QuickTaskManager.GetQuickTasksReq uest
GetQuickTasksRequest) (0x00000)
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
Novell.Zenworks.QuickTaskManager.QuickTasksService :getQuickTasks
(Novell.Zenworks.QuickTaskManager.GetQuickTasksReq uest)
at
Novell.Zenworks.QuickTaskManager.QuickTaskWebServi ce.GetQuickTasks
(Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Session session, System.String identity,
System.String newSecurityTag) (0x00000)

] [] []