Good Morning,

I am working on upgrading 3 servers from SLES 10.2/OES2 sp1 to SLES 10.3/OES2 sp2, and I am having slightly different problems with each.

Server 1, I began the migration and thought it completed, but it looks like it only updated the OES portion, or did not finish the SLES portion, or maybe in just not subscribed to all the correct channels.

When I run rug pd -i , it shows I have installed:

i | SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-SP3-migration

At this point, I don't think the migration package should be there, but I'm not sure. I did not select it in the prior updates as the update directions say. I only selected the move-to-oes2-sp2-migration update. I also don't know what happens through the update procedure.

When I run rug ca , all I get is:

Yes | SLES10-SP3-Online
Yes | OES2-SP2-Pool
Yes | OES2-SP2-Updates

and the server thinks it has no updates to get. Anyway, I'm not quite sure what's going on.

Server 2, I have run the move-to-oes2-sp2 update and it is installed, but I have not gone any further because it is not showing any SLES10-SP3 channels installed and I don't want to end up in the same situation as the first server with only a partial install.

While following directions from the beginning, under "Preparatory Process" (tid 7004963) When I run the command:

rug lu -t patch sles10-sp2-updates oes2-sp1-updates

I get an: ERROR: ose2-sp1-updates is not a valid catalog

But I'm not sure if this is irrevelvent due to already running the move-to-oes2-sp2 patch.

This entire process of subscribing to channels and doing these updates has got me totally frustrated. I've been reading TIDs and forums for a week now and I'm getting nowhere fast.

I got Server 3 to finish the migration. I had just finished doing the latest updates, and on the reboot, I lost the NIC. I am working on that particular problem in a diffrent post, and with HP (may be a hardware issue) so we can forget about that one for now.

Thank you for any help, I hope there is enough information in here to get this started.