I had a workstation that suddenly lost its ability to login to the management zone. I tried to unregister the agent and perform a reregister, but those commands could not be run because the zac command could not find the file. Running a zac /? produced about half of the commands a working installation does, and unregister and reregister commands were not listed.

Fearing that the installation was somehow corrupt, I attempted an uninstall. However, I was prompted that the agent could not be uninstalled because the system could not determine the registration status. Fields for server, username and password were still showing and they were properly entered, but the "Next" button remained grayed out.

I then proceeded to use the Agent Cleanup utility for 10.2/10.3 with the -casa removal switch. After rebooting, I ran the setup again, making sure to download it from the server to ensure the correct version was installed.

The install was successful and I rebooted the computer. The agent appears to load fine. However, device state is unknown, the device name is "Device_Name" and it has not contacted the server. There is no login option when right clicking the agent. Performing a zac /? still does not list all the commands like register and unregister. Entering zac unr or zac reg at the command
prompt produces a "Could not find a command matching request, try --help to display help".

Found the following in the zmd-messages log.

[DEBUG] [08/25/2010 09:44:57.125] [1732] [ZenworksWindowsService] [6] [] [ModuleLoader] [] [Assembly(C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\bin\modules\AppModule.dll).G etTypes() threw exception during module loading
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Loader Exceptions:
0: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Services, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
1: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Services, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Type: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException
Message: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Stack Trace:
at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCr awlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.ModuleLoader.LoadModule(Module FileInfo fileInfo)

] [] []
[DEBUG] [08/25/2010 09:44:57.421] [1732] [ZenworksWindowsService] [6] [] [ModuleLoader] [] [Assembly(C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\bin\modules\AssignmentManage r.dll).GetTypes() threw exception during module loading
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Loader Exceptions:
0: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Services, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Type: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException
Message: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Stack Trace:
at System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCr awlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.ModuleLoader.LoadModule(Module FileInfo fileInfo)

I found this System.Web.Services error in the novelll-zenworks-uninstall,log as well.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Novell.Zenworks.Registration.RegistrationManager' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Services, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I cannot find much in the forums or the knowledge base regarding these errors relating to the agent. My other agents appear to be working normally, as does the server. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Corey