Home

Thread: iPrint Role in iManager?

iPrint Role in iManager?

Hello,

I am trying to assign users to the iPrint role in iManager and all they are seeing is the iPrint Management role. They do not see the iPrint role that allows them to manage the printers, managers and driver stores. When I go to assign the role to the users I only see one iPrint role and that is iPrint Management. The installed plugin is "iPrint Linux Management Plug-in 2.7.1.20091224 Allows management of iPrint services on Linux". I have collection owner rights and I see both the iPrint and iPrint Management roles. What am I missing? Must be a rights thing?

Using iManager 2.7.3 on Sles10sp3/OES2sp2.

Thanks
    Scott

Re: iPrint Role in iManager?

Quote Originally Posted by SJFast911 View Post
    Hello,

I am trying to assign users to the iPrint role in iManager and all they are seeing is the iPrint Management role. They do not see the iPrint role that allows them to manage the printers, managers and driver stores. When I go to assign the role to the users I only see one iPrint role and that is iPrint Management. The installed plugin is "iPrint Linux Management Plug-in 2.7.1.20091224 Allows management of iPrint services on Linux". I have collection owner rights and I see both the iPrint and iPrint Management roles. What am I missing? Must be a rights thing?

Using iManager 2.7.3 on Sles10sp3/OES2sp2.

Thanks
    Scott
    I tested this on my OES2SP2 with success.

Do the following:

1. Create a new iManager role under your RBS Collection and give it a name "iPrint Managers".
    2. Add the following tasks: Manage Driver Store, Manage Printer and Manage Print Manager.
    3. Assign the Printing Category.
    4. Add the members you which to have this Role and specify the Scope.
    5. Give the members Access Control to the Manager Role of all iPrint objects the above members should have access to manage.

Thomas

Re: iPrint Role in iManager?

Thanks. I actually was able to assign the iprint role by going through the Role in the RBS configuration, the area where you can configure the plugins. Not sure why the role does not show up under the Edit Member Associations are.

Scott