Hi all.

I have an OES 1 SP2 on SLES 9 production environment with some NSS volumes on a SAN disk array served by a Novell cluster. I'm installing a new OES 2 SP2 on SLES 10 SP3 cluster attached to a different SAN disk array. I'm testing how to move NSS volumes from my production environment to the new cluster.

I have replicated the SAN volume holding the NSS volume, took offline the NSS volume on the source cluster, cut the replication between disk arrays so that I have an exact copy of the source SAN volume in the destination disk array and presented the new SAN volume to both nodes of the new cluster with the same LUN.

SLES recognizes the new volume and assigns it a /dev/sdd device, but going to nssmu or to iManager, the new device isn't shown. Rebooting doesn't change things and the only thing I have discovered is that the kernel complains about the new device:

oesnode11:/var/log # grep sdd messages
Aug 26 17:13:10 oesnode11 kernel: SCSI device sdd: 524288000 512-byte hdwr sectors (268435 MB)
Aug 26 17:13:10 oesnode11 kernel: sdd: Write Protect is on
Aug 26 17:13:10 oesnode11 kernel: sdd: Mode Sense: 97 00 90 08
Aug 26 17:13:10 oesnode11 kernel: SCSI device sdd: drive cache: write through w/ FUA

Is there something I'm doing wrong or missing? How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Diego