I've written a SOAP retention client in java that reads messages from all users in my GW system (8.0.2). This works flawlessly as long as the messags originate from within GW. If I use SMTP to send a message to a GW user via the GWIA, that message does appear in the user's inbox, but I can't find it in that same inbox using my message cursor. Even if I clear the retention date from the mailbox completely, I can't get the cursor to list the new SMTP-origin messages. I know it's there, I just can't get to it using SOAP. Not being able to archive messages that don't originate within the system obviously greatly limits the usefulness of my archiving app, so I'm hoping someone can help me out with this.

The view I use for the cursor is "peek message/RTF delivered subject priority hasAttachments priority size attachments custom email from default recipients sendoptions".
The container I query is "folders".

I've searched this forum and the docs for this, but can't seem to figure it out. I must be missing a setting somewhere, or something. Anyone have any idea how I can access smtp-origin messages from SOAP?

Thanks in advance,