Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to deploy the Groupwose 8 client to our employees. We're running ZCM 10.3.1 on the servers and a mixture of 10.2 and 10.3.1 on the client side (slowly upgrading) on Windows XP SP3.

In a perfect world, this is what I would like to happen:

If we're going to push tomorrow, I assign the bundle to a workstation group today before I leave. It's setup to distribute/install at Zenworks login. Most employees turn their PCs off around the same time I assign the bundle.

Tomorrow morning, the employees come in, turn their PCs on and log-in. As soon as the ZCM and the desktop finish loading, they receive a status box saying that Groupwise 8 is downloading and installing. Approximately 10-15 minutes later the bundle is complete and they're free to use Groupwise.

This is the way it's been happening:

I assign the bundle before I leave. In the morning when employees turn their PCs on, about 25% of them receive and install the bundle. The rest of them don't receive it but end up getting it the next time they reboot, which is most likely the following morning.

This leads to a lot of confusion, I'd like to set a reasonable expectation for our employees that the software will install first thing after they log in.

What's the best way of accomplishing this? Do I assign the bundle around lunchtime the day before and set the time for 7am the following day? Will that push to clients that turn their PCs on anytime after 7am, even if they're off that day and don't turn their PC on until 2 days from now?

Do I set the bundle to distribute but not install a few days beforehand and then change it to set to install the morning of? Do I need to bump the version on the bundle if I do that?

Thanks in advance for the help.