This is an error I've been seeing forever and it was always the impression that upgrading would resolve it, but it never has even in 10.3. 100% of our users get these errors in the Event Viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1085
Date: 10/21/2010
Time: 8:04:52 AM
Computer: XXXXXX
The Group Policy client-side extension Scripts failed to execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

We also seem to have flakey policy issues where once in awhile a user will not be able to logon to Windows with Workstation Only while getting the " not allowed to logon interactively" message, other times the users report not being able to access the Windows Date and Time Properties and further sometimes they are unable to make system changes.

We have troubleshooted this and the only resolutions we've found are to run zac cc, zac ref, zac pl and sometimes it seems like deleting c:\windows\system32\grouppolicy will help.

In regards to the Event Viewer entry I posted, on any given machine I can issue the command gpupdate and it will put another entry into the Event Viewer (sometimes multiple ones). I've learned through research that if I "clean up" c:\windows\system32\grouppolicy\gpt.ini the errors go away, but once the policy is refreshed they come right back.

This is the version ZenWorks gives the users:
This is the version I cleaned up:
I'm not sure how to get Zenworks to use the cleaned up version nor and I too sure what those extra extensions are and how they got in there. I may need to contact Novell in regards to this, but since I'm already working on an SR with them I figured I'd go ahead and post here first.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.