We've started getting emails from a couple domains that I know are using Outlook 2007 and 2010 (Exchange servers), in addition to going through Postini for their outbound spam filter. We use Postini as our inbound spam filter, and we run GW 8.02 clients on NetWare 6.5 SP8 servers (all GWIA, etc. are 8.02).

When we receive their HTML emails (our client default in GW 8.02 is set to HTML view), we can see it fine, but replying in the desktop client renders the message in <HTML> coding with all the visible tags, looks like when you use Notepad to view the source of a web page. If we use WebAccess or a Blackberry phone to reply to the message, it does reply fine, with correct HTML formatting.

I've also had this other domain use their same Outlook client to send us an email using a personal gmail account - testing to see if Outlook is the problem. Those come through and can be replied to normally - which indicates the problem lies between the Exchange server and our GW client.

I've tried changing many things in Tools/Options in the GW Client and none have helped:

HTML Browser: tried all different ones
Editors/Viewers: tried using Word instead of the default, same problem.
Reply Format: HTML Enhanced instead of GroupWise Classic, same problem.
MIME Encoding: default of UTF-8, tried Windows Default, ISO Default, a few others, same problem.

But since WebAccess and the cell phones can reply without it converting to the HTML mark-up, I think it's just something in the client itself.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there something on their Exchange server that I can tell them to change? It is only a couple domains right now, I don't see it a lot, so I don't think it's a common problem. Any ideas?