For the second time in a week or so, I have received patch notifications via the patch-notifications-daily mailing list which notify me about a lot of updates that were actually released a long time ago. I didn't keep the first such mail which contained >30 update notifications since I considered it a one-time glitch. But today again I received a mail listing 11 updates, 10 of which were released in July and August, and only one was released yesterday. Since the mail itself doesn't indicate any feedback mechanism, I hope someone from Novell is here and can do something about it or at least explain why this is happening.

Below is the beginning of today's message, with links to update that was released on August 2nd

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:00:39 -0600 (MDT)
From: Novell Patchbuilder Notification <patchbuilder_noreply@novell.com>
Subject: 26 Oct 2010 Novell Customer Center (11 New Patches)
To: <my address>

26 Oct 2010 Novell Customer Center (11 New Patches)

Patch Updates

The latest updates to your SUSE Linux Enterprise software are now available. By installing updates regularly, you will keep your operating system at peak performance, remove known security vulnerabilities and software defects, improve stability, and add the newest features and functionality.

To download, simply click the URL(s) that correspond to your version and log in to the Novell download site. You can then install the updates with YaST or your preferred installation tool. Please note: You must have a registered SUSE Linux Enterprise product with upgrade protection in order to access the patch downloads.

1. Security update for the Linux Kernel (i586)

SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1 for x86
NOVELL: Downloads - the Linux Kernel (i586) 20100722

SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension 11 SP1 for x86

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 for VMware for x86

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1 for x86

(rest of the message snipped)