Hi all,

We have two primary ZCM 10.3.0a servers running on SLES 10, and I'm trying to update them to 10.3.1. The primary master updated just fine, but the second server fails. It says "One or more pre-requisite updates failed to install to this device. Ensure all pre-requisite updates have been applied successfully and try again."

The system-update.log file shows this:
DEBUG;Running Pre-Install Commands;;
DEBUG;Getting content for PRE_INSTALL steps of update;;
DEBUG;Unable to get assigned update commands; nested exception is:
com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.ObjectNot FoundException: c70a254effdbd542a6af7d9906bb2b4a;;
DEBUG; at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.ReceiveResponse (System.Net.WebResponse response, System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientMessage message, System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapExtension[] extensions) [0x00000]
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke (System.String method_name, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000]
at Novell.Zenworks.SystemUpdateService.Wsdl.SystemUpd ateServiceService.getAssignedSystemUpdateCommands (Novell.Zenworks.SystemUpdateService.Wsdl.Assigned SystemUpdateCommandsRequest AssignedSystemUpdateCommandsRequest) [0x00000]
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Novell.Zenworks.SystemUpdateService.Wsdl.SystemUpd ateServiceService:getAssignedSystemUpdateCommands (Novell.Zenworks.SystemUpdateService.Wsdl.Assigned SystemUpdateCommandsRequest)
at Novell.Zenworks.SystemUpdate.SystemUpdateModule.ge tUpdateContent (Novell.Zenworks.SystemUpdateService.Wsdl.Assigned SystemUpdatesResponseAssignedSystemUpdate update, System.String commandLocation) [0x00000] ;;

When we updated to 10.3.0a we had a problem with disk space on that server, and we somehow ended up with a duplicate server object and had to reregister the server (thanks to Craig Wilson, see this thread), but it all seemed to work fine.
The bold text in the log above is actually the GUID of the non-existing duplicate server, so it seems to be looking for something that just isn't there...

I'm thinking about reinstalling the whole server, but if that can be avoided I'd be grateful.

Pr Nilsson