Syncing events from mobile device (HTC Desire) to GroupWise PO doesn't function anymore. On troubleshooting this issue I found this entry in the default.pipeline1.groupwise-AppInterface.log:

2010-11-08 14:32:14.148 WARNING [Thread-4] [AppInterface:726] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] engineEventReceived: sendItemRequest: Groupwise returned a
n error:
2010-11-08 14:32:14.148 DEBUG [Thread-4] [AppInterface:727] [userID:] [eventID:] [objectID:] [] (reply){
status =
code = 58652
description = "Attempt to add/modify past disk space limit"
Ok, the limit of the PO was exceeded, so I expanded the size, but the error in the log still occurs. Obviously the SOAP-client of the datasync connector didn't recognize the new limit. Restarting all services on the datasync server, resyncing the user and even deleting the whole user didn't change anything. Other services like Blackberry accessing the GroupWise PO via SOAP did recognize the correct limit of the PO.

In a last step I set the consumed space in the PO to the last working level by deleting items. Surprisingly the mobile device gets synced again. As a conclusion for me the GroupWise connector doesn't adapt the correct limit of the PO - and this is a misbehaviour.

Did anybody see this strange behaviour? Is there perhaps a solution availlable?