Hi All -

I am running into an issue where I am trying to copy a hosts file located on an SLES10SP3/OES2 server to some windows 7 professional machines (we are testing a few out). The server is zcm 10.3.1 on Linux running on the same SLES10 server. I have assigned the copy file bundle to everyone and to the workstations but the file will not copy over to the workstation unless the user is a local administrator. If they are users on the local workstation the error logs say the hosts file on the OES server cannot be accessed (access denied). Yet if you give read/write file rights on the workstation where hosts resides (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc) the file copies fine. But this is giving too much access to the regular user which I'd like to not have in effect. I have given Public access rights to the hosts where it resides on volume SYS on the SLES10/OES server so that should not be an issue.

I have run the bundle as dynamic administrator, and secure system user which made no difference - the file does not copy for a regular user on the workstation. On the other XP machines running ZDM 7 I run a bat file that copies the hosts file running as an unsecure system user and that works fine. I have duplicated the use of the bat file in launching an executable bundle and that did not work either for the regular user - for a local admin it worked fine.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? I did make sure the local machines system account had rights to the etc folder on the local machine, etc and there was no difference.