Over the past couple of weeks I've been having trouble with my GroupWise server and ended up getting at tech to come out, upgraded to HP1 and so far everything seems to be working except for our Datasync. I've posted to their forums and they suggested coming here...

What I am finding is that if I go to my POA's web management screen under the Thread Status section the Message Transfer Status shows Closed. When I look at the details it says it was stopped because the port specified was in use, and it closed after about 7 minutes after it started the last time that it tried to start. My POA and MTA are on the same server, use the default Message Transfer ports (7101 POA, 7100 MTA). Under the Message Transfer Status TCP/IP section Outbound is at port 7150 and inbound is 7100.

My entire system is currently up and running with the exception of my problems with Datasync. Is it possible that whatever is causing this problem might be the cause of what is causing my Datasync issues? What can I do to resolve this issue so that the MTP status no longer has the port conflict. Thanks!