We have a bit of a weird one here.

Running GW 8.0.2 on Win XP.

If I send an HTML e-mail from Windows Client to an external (internet) addressee everything looks OK when I review the item in Sent Items folder but when the e-mail is viewed by the recipient the sent time is one hour ahead of the actual sent time. If I send a plain text e-mail from same client to same recipient then the sent time displays correctly for the recipient. A plain text e-mail with an attachment is also showing the correct time.

HTML e-mails sent to internal recipients are showing the correct time.

I have checked the Time Zone settings for Post Office, GWIA and workstation and all are correct. Time Zone is New Zealand (Offset +1200) and we are in Daylight Savings Time (Bias +1hr).

If I open one of the sent e-mail items that is showing the incorrect (advanced) time within the client it looks OK but if I then select the Message Source tab I see something similar to this in the header:

Mime-Version: 1.0
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 11:04:33 +1200
Message-ID: <4CDA7C41.5D2B.0065.1@sbs.net.nz>
X-Mailer: GroupWise 8.0

Note the +1200 at the end of the date. I think that this should be +1300 to allow for DST.

Also a bit further down just before the MIME encoded stuff I see:

modification-date="Fri, 11 Nov 2010 00:04:33 +1300"

This is interesting as the e-mail was actually sent on Wednesday 10 Nov 2010 at 11:04:33 local time. And Friday (today as I write this is actually 12 Nov 2010!!

It looks as though something is getting messed up in the MIME encoding process. Just not sure what is doing the MIME encoding and how it might be screwing things up.

Note that Plain text e-mails and internal HTML e-mails do not have a message source tab when I open them from Sent Items. I guess this is because they are not MIME encoded as far as the client is concerned.

I had suspected that it might be IE8 as we have recently installed this on all PCs but that might just be clutching at straws.

Not too many users have noticed this as yet so I would like to sort this out before they do!

Any suggestions gratefully received.