Hi there,

I am curious if anyone has managed a synchronisation of his / hers contacts to a "HTC Desire".

I got some issues with it. We are using datasync 1.0 build 115 on SLES 11 SP1, GW 8.02 on SLES 10 SP3 OES 2 SP2 64bit and a HTC Desire with Android Froyo.
I managed to sync emails and appointments with the included HTC/Android email / calendar software but I did not see any contact syncing.

The mobility connector sync status from the account on the datasync server tells me that there are receivable contacts / addressbooks but none are received. And I got no clue how to trace the cause why it won't sync. I read some threads from the forum and thus created a new android_testaddressbook, exported a contact to vcf, imported it to the testaddressbook and selected it from the groupwise connector user option but had no luck again. I also resynced the phone and datasync account data and used a different account but the issue showed up again.

I am not really aware of, if it is related to the phones OS or if it is a datasync issue or if I am just to stupid to see the "sync contacts button" on the phone itself.
My colleagues got some other Android smartphones (Samsung Galaxy, HTC Hero) which don't sync the contacts neither so I guess datasync bothers around.
I am gonna get an iOS and a Symbian device with which I could do further tests soon but wanted to check the problem before.

Maybe someone could point me in the right direction where I may find some reference point or best practices how to solve that sort of issue.

cheers and thanks in advance