My travel has decreased a lot -but I still hit the road 10 weeks a year or so. Hopefully less if the TSA strip searching is going to continue -TSA would make my wife jealous. LOL.

So having them go to site is a need 'in an emergency'. If its simple things like cosmetics -those can wait of course.

Good info -and definitely a weak spot for Apple. Hopefully they will ramp this service up in the coming year(s). For me its more an 'insurance' thing then anything else. I would hate to be onsite and have the laptop 'give out' --yet-- in my years this has never happened....knock knock on wood.

Love the iMac though -yet very big to carry into a store to get work done. Still very effective/productive machine. And with VMWare Fusion -its a real workhorse -I can have 4 VM's running and still do video conversions/editing stuff and rarely does the fan need to kick into high to keep things cool -if you catch the drift.

Take Care.

Gregg A. Hinchman
A Novell Consulting Partner
317.329.0288 Office
413.254.2819 eFax

"Courage is doing what is right."

"Do not be bound to any doctrine, theory or ideology, even Buddhist ones. All systems of thought are guiding means, not absolute truth." Thich Nhat Hanh, Vietnamese monk.

Date: 11/23/2010 8:30 AM
Subject: Re: Square Trade vs. AppleCare
DZanre <> wrote:

> It depends on what the problem is. They had my MacBook back in about 8
> hours when I needed a new keyboard (mostly cosmetic, but still under
> AppleCare and I decided to push for it - I wear out the key caps -
> heehee). Otherwise it's been 48 hours if they need to send it in. Drop
> off on Tuesday, for example, and have it back Thursday.

Oh - and since I do stick pretty close to home most weeks, I don't have
the same needs as someone who travels a lot (are you still doing that)?
I personally am not terribly put out with 48 hour turnaround generally.

Danita -