Hi,

I have 2 servers in a zone, they are replicating everything other then patches and software distribution (for now). Unfortunately my primary server failed and had to be rebuild. I logged onto the second server and can still see the 1st primary server. I did not remove it fearing I might loose the entire zone (configurations)

We rebuild the server and I reinstalled ZCM and created a new zone, since I can't connect it to an existing zone. I matched all configuration as setup previously. Once completed I can logon to the server and browse options etc... There were errors after the installation but I hoped the system would continue to work.

Unfortunately some things do not appear to be working, for example I cannot use deployment task to scan an IP range. The task changes to Pending state but will not execute. I also cannot update the servers through patch management.

How can I verify what is causing this problems?

My configuration:
Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Physical
Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Virtual
ZCM 10.3.x
SQL Database

Error messages during install:
ERROR 12/14/2010 14:38:59 An error occurred when attempting to check the system status.
ERROR 12/14/2010 14:38:59 There appears to be a severe problem with one or more of the ZENworks components.
ERROR 12/14/2010 14:37:56 An error occurred when attempting to check the system status.
ERROR 12/14/2010 14:37:56 There appears to be a severe problem with one or more of the ZENworks components.
ERROR 12/14/2010 14:20:11 ConfigureAction failed!: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalD ataModelException: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalD ataModelException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationExcepti on: could not insert: [com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.objects.zone.Zone] at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.temp.ZoneCreator.cre ateZone(ZoneCreator.java:143) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.hibernate.Zone Creator.doWork(ZoneCreator.java:188) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.utils.hibernate.Zone Creator.main(ZoneCreator.java:533) Caused by: com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.exceptions.InternalD ataModelException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationExcepti on: could not insert: [com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.objects.zone.Zone] at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.database.AbstractDat abaseTypeHelper.newStandardDataModelException(Abst ractDatabaseTypeHelper.java:436) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.database.AbstractDat abaseTypeHelper.throwStandardDataModelException(Ab stractDatabaseTypeHelper.java:421) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.session.hibernate.Ab stractHibernateSessionImpl.handleException(Abstrac tHibernateSessionImpl.java:177) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.session.hibernate.Hi bernateAbstractSession.createDefaultFolder(Hiberna teAbstractSession.java:619) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.session.hibernate.Hi bernateAbstractSession.createDefaultFolders(Hibern ateAbstractSession.java:528) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.session.hibernate.Hi bernateAbstractSession._postPasswordValidationInit ialize(HibernateAbstractSession.java:348) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.session.hibernate.Hi bernateAdministratorSession._postPasswordValidatio nInitialize(HibernateAdministratorSession.java:125 ) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.session.hibernate.Hi bernateAbstractSession.loginAsSystem(HibernateAbst ractSession.java:320) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.services.DirectServi ceStoreImpl.loginAsSystem(DirectServiceStoreImpl.j ava:196) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.temp.ZoneCreator.get ServiceStore(ZoneCreator.java:189) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.temp.ZoneCreator.cre ateZone(ZoneCreator.java:97) ... 2 more Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationExcepti on: could not insert: [com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.objects.zone.Zone] at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert( SQLStateConverter.java:71) at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.conver t(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43) at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersi ster.insert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2140) at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersi ster.insert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2503) at org.hibernate.action.EntityInsertAction.execute(En tityInsertAction.java:51) at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.execute(ActionQue ue.java:248) at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(Ac tionQueue.java:232) at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(Ac tionQueue.java:139) at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListe ner.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListene r.java:297) at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultAutoFlushEventListe ner.onAutoFlush(DefaultAutoFlushEventListener.java :41) at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.autoFlushIfRequired (SessionImpl.java:957) at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.ja va:1102) at org.hibernate.impl.QueryImpl.list(QueryImpl.java:7 9) at org.hibernate.impl.AbstractQueryImpl.uniqueResult( AbstractQueryImpl.java:756) at com.novell.zenworks.datamodel.session.hibernate.Hi bernateAbstractSession.createDefaultFolder(Hiberna teAbstractSession.java:588) ... 9 more Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'uniq_zZENObject_Path'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.zZENObject'. at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnos tic(SQLDiagnostic.java:365) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(Td sCore.java:2781) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCor e.java:2224) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.getMoreResults(T dsCore.java:628) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.processRes ults(JtdsStatement.java:525) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsStatement.executeSQL (JtdsStatement.java:487) at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsPreparedStatement.ex ecuteUpdate(JtdsPreparedStatement.java:421) at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyPreparedStatement .executeUpdate(NewProxyPreparedStatement.java:105) at org.hibernate.jdbc.NonBatchingBatcher.addToBatch(N onBatchingBatcher.java:23) at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersi ster.insert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2120) ... 21 more

Please help.