SR #10669935891

Trying to track down a migration problem (wpdomain.db and other files in domain directory disappear after first run of MTA on linux) and the support person I spoke with didn't seem to have a clue.

This yahoo wanted me to start making edits to my GW objects in eDir on a production system after repeatedly telling him that we shouldn't do so. He didn't appear to know what a top down rebuild was and then wanted me to do an in place upgrade to GW 8.0.2 on my Netware 6.0 server prior to the move (which best practices is to always migrate first and then upgrade). This was especially troublesome since GW 8 isn't supported on NW 6.0. When I asked if doing the upgrade after the migration of the data would modify the eDir schema and he agreed that it would he couldn't tell me the implications of bringing my NW based GW back up would have since the GW objects would now be 8.x objects.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and he put me on hold and then came back with "my supervisor says...." with another string of mostly unintelligible words.

I'm not sure if it was a language barrier mishap but needless to say I didn't get any satisfaction and I'm not any closer to getting my GW system moved to SLES.

I'd love it if someone could escalate this SR.